The St. Stephen Protomartyr Athletic Association (SSPAA) promotes the participation in athletics by students at the grade school and high school levels. It was formed to administer the operations and the funding of the parish athletic programs.
The mission of the SSPAA is to foster the growth of our students through participation in athletics, specifically through programs that promote good sportsmanship, respect for authority, and self-discipline. Emphasis is directed to providing our student athletes with the opportunity to experience playing and enjoying the various sports within a Catholic environment, valuing teamwork, sportsmanship, friendship, a sense of fair play, and respect for themselves, their teammates, their coaches, and their opponents.
The SSPAA moved to the South Central CYC District at the beginning of the 2013 baseball/softball season. The South Central District offers substantially more leagues at each grade level. This means:
- more balanced leagues for the skill levels of all our young athletes.
- additional venues for our kids to play in.
- a great chance to broaden our sports programs and increase the visibility of our parish and school.
- an opportunity to meet new people and make new friends.
Current Association Members and Titles
- Jason Joly, 314-308-1668 or email@example.com – President
- Trish Vogel – Secretary and Treasurer
- Matt Oppelt – Baseball Coordinator
- Michelle Wobbe – Volleyball Coordinator
- Dan Murphy & Chris Comeford – Basketball Coordinators
- Haley Henricks – Track Coordinator
- Matt Guntli – Soccer Coordinator
- Chad Wilcox – Uniform Coordinator
Stay up to date with Athletics by visiting the School Website and looking under Extra Curriculum.